Relax your paws...
Paws Here Awhile Pet Resort offers a true vacation getaway for your pet. With our vacation themed rooms, lush play yard, and hands-on staff, your pet will be treated like family with us. Our staff is on the premises from early morning until late evening EVERY DAY, ALL DAY. Plus, the owner lives 200 yards away from the resort.
A typical day goes like this: Breakfast is served at 8:00am and the dogs are given their turns to go outside in the yard to do their "morning business." After a little straightening up, it's play time for the dogs! Everyone has access to their outdoor area, and vacation activities take place during this time. Dogs in the Caribbean Condo Room socialize, while the dog's in the other rooms are intermittently let outside in the big (or small!) play yard to socialize and stretch their legs. This is when we professionally match up play groups for the ultimate play time experience! Dogs receive a much needed nap time break from 2 until 4:30pm, which is also when the extra Kong treat is given to those who have purchased one of our ultimate Vacation Packages. Dinner is served between 4:30-5pm, and dogs are given their turns to go outside in the yard after their meals. Dogs will have outdoor access and hang-out time until 8pm, when it's time to wrap the day up. Everyone gets a final outing in the yard, outside patio access is closed up, and then everyone is tucked in for the evening with a treat!
The most important thing to remember is Paws Here Awhile Pet Resort is not a kennel. Your pet is not kept in a cage. Instead, he stays in a comfortable room with outdoor access. Another inclusive perk is your dog can go to the bathroom in a beautiful, grass-filled yard, just like at home!
It's the perfect vacation for your dog, and the perfect way to put your mind at ease. Our repeated furry guests don't lie... they are excited everytime they come and stay at Paws Here Awhile Pet Resort.
Our Vacation Rooms
Theme Vacation Rooms
All of our large rooms are 6'x8' vacation themed with air-conditioning/heating and TV & stereo. Windows are in every room with matted floors. Access to their own private patio
and potty area all day. Complimentary one hour a day in the 1/2 acre field and wooded play yard with access to swimming pool. Dogs can play with their friends or go out alone. Additional enrichment program, yard time and petting sessions are available upon request. Snack time is served every evening.
Our Vacation Themed Rooms
- Escape to Italy
- Tropical Paradise
- Raining Dogs & Cats*
- New Zealand Excursion*
- Day at the Beach
- Dude Ranch Vacation
- Wilderness Vacation
- South of the Border
- Ray's Cafe
- Disney World Vacation
- Cape May Vacation*
*Room can accommodate both cats and dogs.
The perfect suite for large dog breeds or multiple dogs!!!
This western vacation 6'x8' room has access all day to a 10'x14' patio which provides lots of room for giant breeds or multiple dogs or leisurely space for single dogs that like to be King of the House. Room rate includes one hour play time in the 1/2 acre yard where they can enjoy running and playing in the pool or chasing yard toys.
3'x5'x4' condos are for small, social dogs only (50 lbs and under) located in a 10'x14' room with plenty of sunshine. This room is air-conditioned/heated, has TV & stereo. The outside giant patio is Caribbean designed with plenty of shade in the afternoon. A limited amount of vacationers share the condo room, playing most of the day in the 1/2 acre play yard, condo room and patio with their friends. Nightly snacks are served as they all watch TV from their own condo to sleep. Comfort is our goal!
Dogs must be social with other dogs to vacation in this room.
Dog and Cat Suites
We are one of the only luxury Pet Resort's around that can accommodate both dog and cat in a room together! We provide a secured area for the litter box and cat food to sit, so your dog can't get to them. Both dog and cat can enjoy a fantastic vacation together in one of our suites!
- Raining Dogs & Cats
- New Zealand Excursion
- Cape May Vacation
- $3.00 off each additional dog in the same room (excludes Sedona Suite).
- Flat rate for Sedona Suite.
- Dog and cat from same family can room together. We provide special accommodations to protect the cat's food/litter box. Rate is according to size of dog plus $3.00 discount for cat in room.
- Per day rate.
Why not enhance your pet's vacation with us by adding some fun activities to their agenda!?
The Enrichment Program
Our Enrichment Program is designed around your dog's activity level! This fun-filled 15 minute session is designed to encourage your pet's play drive. We tailor this playtime with one of our professionally trained staff members to bring out the exuberance in your dog. Tell us what sparks your dog's interest. We have games, tunnels, climbing frames, balls, frisbee, sticks and a splash pool. After our play sessions we offer dogs kitchen time with us and even let them beg for their favorite treats! We let them pretend they are at Grandma's house!
Bonus: If you purchase at least 3 Enrichments, you will receive a picture and report card of your dog during his Enrichment time!
Extra Yard Time
The room rate already includes one hour of yard time every day for your pet. But, what if you have a dog that loves spending a lot of time outside, running around or just lounging about in the sunshine? Then this would be a perfect extra for them! Extra Yard Time buys your pet an additional hour outside, giving them 2 hours of yard time a day, as well as playing with friends in their Daycare group.
Extra Petting Sessions
There is no doubt that your pet is loved while staying at the Pet Resort, but maybe you want your loved one to receive extra hugs, pets and kisses during vacation. Our Extra Petting Sessions gives your pet and one of our staff member's 10 minutes of one-on-one snuggle and scratch time.
Want to see what is going on with your pet while you are away? Our Email Blast includes a personalized email to you along with 2 pictures of your pet during his vacation stay with us.
Our highly-trained staff can help your pet with his training needs. From sit to stay, we've properly trained many dogs to mind their manners! Just talk to us about your specific training needs and we will try to accommodate.
Your Pet's Luggage
We've created a personalized check list for you to print out to help you pack your pet up for his Pet Resort vacation stay! It's important to make your pet as comfortable as they can be while away from home. We find these items help out a great deal with that transition.
- Our kitchen at the Pet Resort is fully stocked with a refrigerator and microwave, so we can meet almost any meal needs.
- Due to limited kitchen space, if you can, please do not bring large plastic containers or full, big bags of food.
- We suggest you put your name on every item you possibly can to help us out when packing up to go home.
- We provide all dishes for food and water, as well, so please leave those at home.
It's an exciting time! You are excited to come and pick up your furry loved one! Your pet is ready to go home and bask in your loving attention. We want to make sure your dog is looking (and smelling!) his best when he goes home. A bath at the end of the vacation is much needed after all that hustle and tussle at the Pet Resort!
- If your pet's home medication administration times are different from the Pet Resort's daily operating hours, please give yourself and your pet a minimum of 2 weeks to adjust to a new medication schedule at home before the vacation stay at the Pet Resort. We suggest easing into the transition, moving the times slightly every day. For example, if you normally give your pet his medication at 10:00pm, please gradually move his medication time towards 8:00pm for the Pet Resort stay. This will make for an easier transition for your pet.
- Bring your pet out for a tour to feel the Pet Resort out. We understand leaving your pet anywhere that is not home is stressful- both to you and the dog! It helps to bring your dog out to our facility and get used to the grounds before the vacation stay. We also recommend boarding your dog with us for a short stay to ease into the Pet Resort atmosphere. A lot of customers find this to be extremely helpful.
- Our staff is fully trained in administering medications to pets. From pills to shots, we have been trained and fully understand the importance of medications given to animals.
- There will be no charge for the departure day for dogs/cats checking out between 9-11:00am.
- After 6 months of age, dogs MUST be spayed/neutered to stay at the Pet Resort.
- We require a 3 day minimum stay during our peak seasons.